We look back every year to count our programs, the people we reach, the faculty we thank, the public service program impact, and the liveliness of our famous publications both bound and digital. I am proud to say, “we are so proud!”
Please, now, click here to enjoy our visual, colorful 2014 Annual Report. I explain how we carry this forward in 2015.
- For publicly enrolled programs, in 2014, 924 NITA faculty trained 1863 attendees at 65 publicly enrolled programs, plus 37 who took on-line programs. Lawyers from all 50 states attended, plus 5 continents. We continue to train and deepen our faculty bench. Send us referrals to the best trial lawyers in your region!
- For custom programs, including those exclusively for public service attorneys, in 2014 NITA trained 3241 attorneys, 19% of whom are in public service practices. We continually expand our custom offerings based on the client’s objectives, and invest in continuing our public service work.
- For video content, studio71 is exploding. In 2014, on-line integrated learning tools were selected by 8235 lawyers, from 384 presentations available, amounting to 4376 hours viewed. Our video library is strong and growing. Our signature new trial and deposition lectures and demonstration are coming online. These streaming tools mirror the high quality and intensity of NITA’s programs, and are elected for certain programs as bonus tools.
- For publications, our famed and unique case file collection grows and updates, targeting new types of disputes, factual scenarios that mirror our online culture, and more. In 2014, we report 144 active case files. We have many more case files than you would have heard of – you should use more of the gems in the collection. Pick them to make your class or program new and unique. Email Jennifer Schneider.
- You can’t say “publications” without saying “eBooks too” for our NITA treatises, guides, and more. In 2014, 70 of our non-case file titles were available in eBook format. These collections expand annually. Check back twice a year with the semi-annual catalogue, or online any time. NITA pubs: unique, practical, organized for quick reference, the best balance in a case file.
- The NITA Foundation gave 107 scholarships in 2014 – making a big difference to that many lawyers. But 201 applicants left an almost 50% shortfall in the scholarship funds available. We aim to increase our donations from $144,935 in 2014 to over $200,000. Please help here. Our Giving Voice online newsletter will inspire and explain.
I would love to hear from you. Email me, call my office. There is nothing more important to NITA than you, our faculty, attendees, admirers, supporters and friends. Spread the word in your regions, to your friends!
Karen M. Lockwood, Esq.
President and Executive Director
National Institute for Trial Advocacy